If there is a special table, a table that we set with particular enthusiasm and care, it is the Christmas and Christmas Eve table. In short, that of that annual celebration that unites us with our own. That date that makes us meet despite the distances many times, and above also the small differences that somehow can separate us.
There is no doubt that crockery, glassware and textiles are more important than ever. If you have little experience or want to give a twist to the way you do things, we'll give you the keys to setting up a special table by thinking about the details and tips that will make you successful.
In the same way that the decoration of our house can be more or less classic, or lighter, modern or Nordic, the table should be a reflection of our identity and based on that style we will select:
- The light-coloured tablecloths or in raw tones are a wild card. Don't rule out using a large cotton or threaded sheet. This could be an idea to dress the table to the ground, then place a tablecloth on it. You can also let yourself be carried away by the spirit of Christmas and opt for an elegant red colour.
-The size of the tablecloth. Sometimes it is difficult to find large sizes for a table to which we have perhaps incorporated some extension. Buy a piece of fabric and cut it to your size, that also allows you to choose the pattern or color. Another idea is to find a duvet cover that we like and are not afraid to place as a tablecloth; there are very large ones.
- The perfect tablecloth. Iron the tablecloth, if it is impeccable it will be the perfect frame for what you put on it to look great.
In the center of the table.
-White flower. Small, low, white-flowered containers can be very elegant and sufficient to make your table special. Place two or three of them in a row.
-Christmas crown. The wreaths that decorate the doors placed on the table embracing a set of candles of different sizes is a simple and perfect option to adapt to Nordic and minimalist or more baroque decorations, since we can find them of many types.
-Candlesticks. They are a classic and bring warmth and elegance to the table. If we have placed something in the middle they can go either way and if they are not important they should go alone. They can be of inheritance and great value, or simple and acquired in some decoration shop according to our style
-Space. We have to consider the space we're going to need to present sources sauce boats or plates that go to the center
The Christmas table is the ideal occasion to bring out those special dishes that we like so much and that make us enjoy the food in a different way
-More than one. There are not always as many pieces of crockery as there are guests, so it is interesting to have two or three crockery sets, with few services, which allow us to make combinations by alternating people, or even combining shapes and colours in the same place. It is not necessary that all the dishes on the table are the same; the important thing is to get them to harmonize.
- The elegance of simplicity. A plain, light-coloured or white dinner service can look spectacular if it is of good quality Marble or Teak are current and divine. Porcelain is always a safe bet. This option also allows us to put the color in other elements such as the tablecloth or some glasses
- Accessory tableware. Salad bowls, appetizer bowls, canapé traysare important. Try to make sure that everything matches, that there is a common thread that can be the material, the shape, or the color. Arrange these items so that everyone can easily access them; in pairs, for example. Don't forget to put the servers that are accurate as well.
-Black and white. Dare to use the black and white, marble finishes and golden edges. It is the occasion to be more risky with drawings or more special finishes.
Glassware and cutlery.
-Glass of wine and champagne. To enjoy a good wine or champagne you should choose smooth and transparent glasses. It is important to be able to appreciate the tones, the shades and the bubbles! It leaves the resource of color for the glasses of water. You can mix different glassware: it gives life and style to your table!
-Glasses. In the glasses you have the opportunity to give color to an environment where light tones predominate. You can also play with it to match the tone of a dinner service or a tablecloth. Dare to present glasses with textures and color, and don't forget a nice pitcher to serve the water.
-The color copper. A copper-coloured cutlery set is ideal next to simple white crockery. It brings a modern and original touch to any table.
-The Black. Why not? The black is elegant and very very current. Dare to play the Tribeca Black Matte and combine them with almost everything!
- Golden Cutlery. Like cutlery Cutipol, in its classic version or its Goa version. We love them for everyday use but they are the icing on the cake at special tables like the one at Christmas.